IDEST INSPECTOR member of ASSET
Membership fee: Not Applicable.
Inspectors are trained to ASSET standards but carry out their duties on behalf of IDEST. Individual Engineers or Technician Engineers chosen for their background, experience and manner to carry out assessments visits to Service repair and test centers seeking IDEST Center Approval.
|Pre-requisites:||Individual Inspectors will be appointed by the IDEST Committee on the Recommendation of the IDEST Chief Engineer.|
- Inspectors will attend an ASSET Inspectors Orientation Course, and will ideally have attended the ASSET Technician training course relating to their area of responsibility.
- Level of responsibility: Inspectors will carry out IDEST Center Approval Inspections in accordance with ASSET Standards.
- The Inspector will report his findings and recommendations for further action to the IDEST Chief Engineer.
- The Inspector will report his findings and recommendations for further action to the Chief Engineer.
- The IDEST management committee will appoint inspectors on the recommendation of IDEST’s Chief Engineer.
Note: ASSET and IDEST (Inspectorate for Diving Equipment Servicing and Testing) are independent divisions of SITA (the SCUBA Industry Trade Association).