CYLINDER TESTING COURSE – Part 1&2 – Visual & Hydrostatic/NDT Inspection
The ASSET 4 day COMBINED CYLINDER TESTING COURSE (Part 1 & PT2) is the complete cylinder inspector course covering CPL1 Cylinder Visual Inspection and CPL2 Cylinder Hydrostatic/NDT Inspection. This stand alone course is aimed at personnel with duties covering all aspects of the cylinder inspection technicians work.
This training course also provides the formal proof of competent person status for those wishing to:-
- Apply for ‘Approved Cylinder Inspection technician’ status, working as a signatory in a government auditted approved cylinder retest facility.
- Set up an approved cylinder retest facility for independent audit.
The CPL1 part of the training course includes:
- Cylinder testing practices and procedures
- Valve maintenance
- Thread gauging
- Codes of practice
- HSE ruels & regulations
- The practical part of the course is designed to introduce all the required practical skills including:
- Hydrostatic Testing etc.
The CPL2 part of the training course includes:
- Crack detection
- During this course the Cylinder Testers inspection skills will be honed and tested, and the inspector will be taught hydrostatic inspection techniques.On successful completion of the course
- the candidate will be awarded the ASSET CYLINDER TESTING (Part 2) ADVANCED Certificate.
- On successful completion of the course the candidate will be awarded the ASSET CYLINDER TESTING (Part 1 & Part 2) Practices & Procedures Certificate.
There are no pre – requisites for attending this course
- Comprehensive training in cylinder and valve inspection.
- All the latest techniques and information used, regularly updated in accordance with the changes in industrial and government standards.
- Essential for annual inspection of scuba tanks used in the recreational dive industry and IMCA regulated inspection of bailout cylinders used in commercial diving.
- Covers the very latest techniques in advanced scuba tank visual inspection, NDT Inspection, endoscope, boroscopes.
- A practical exam with borderline pass fail examples verifies the inspectors skills
- The highest ASSET/IDEST certification grade in cylinder Visual & Hydrostatic inspection
EASYTEK ENGINEERING SERVICES CO LTD – an A.S.S.E.T., IDEST & SITA Approved Training Provider
Capabilities of Easytek Engineering Services Co Ltd., as an Engineering Training Provider
Easytek Engineering Services Co Ltd.,
together with STATS in the United Kingdom have provided a unique service to Commercial Diving Companies, Military Diving Teams, Government Inspectors, Recreational Dive Centres, SCBA, ELSA, HEED Life Support Technicians, High Pressure Cylinder Inspectors, and other Dive Industry Professionals internationally for more than 20 years drawing on the wide experience of its principal staff. Principle capabilities include:
- Divers and other SCBA life support equipment maintenance – regulators, compressors, cylinders, rebreathers, hydrostatic test equipment design, NDT analysis
- Commercial diving, & Maritime consultancy. Dive incident investigation & expert witness testimony
- Custom Decompression methodology for 1,000ft Trimix diving.
- Approved engineering training. International recognised certification in Trimix Decompression diving, sunken vessel survey, underwater artifact & body recovery.
- Repair, servicing & testing traceable to National standards. Design, Manufacture and sales of custom tools, adapters and test equipment for Divers life support equipment servicing and other critical high pressure applications.
Easytek has the most modern divers life support equipment service center and mixed gas production system in Thailand. All mixed gases can be pumped to 350bar via in house Haskell booster pumps powered by twin Bauer Compressors feeding a 90,000Liter air bank. Easytek carries out hydrostatic tests in house to 650bar/10,000psi to US DOT standards, European EC, British BS and Thai standards supplemented by the very latest NDT eddy current testing to detect metallurgical failure aluminium alloy high pressure gas cylinders.
For further information or to book a course please click here